6 Comments

1. March 10, 2012 / 7:21 pm

It’s looking absolutely gorgeous! I’m not usually a fan of colour tiles but they look beautiful.

What made you decide to have the ovens on one side of the kitchen and the hob on the other? Were in the process of designing our new kitchen (2nd in a year – bleurgh!) and I’m leaning towards the idea of seperating the two in order to fit in two rather than one oven, but I wasn’t sure what the general opinon on it was. Any thoughts would be a big help!

Thanks, and can’t wait to see the finished kitchen!

Heather
      Author
      March 14, 2012 / 9:10 pm

I’m not sure really – we had it the same way with the hob one side and ovens the other in our last kitchen too and it worked. If you think of the traditional working triangle in the kitchen – between the sink, oven/hob and fridge – this works both ways as the triangle is still formed whether you use the hob or the ovens.

The general idea is to minimise the amount of walking you have to do between the main areas of the kitchen, so give some thought to this when you’re planning your new layout.

I also love full height units because of all the extra storage you get, and housing your oven higher is more ergonomic as it means less bending etc, so that’s another reason I like this layout.

2. March 10, 2012 / 7:33 pm

You have TWO proper ovens. So jealous. Love it all.

Heather
      Author
      March 14, 2012 / 9:11 pm

TWO! That’s a MIL top tip – she has two single ovens rather than one double because you get more capacity etc. Hurrah!

3. March 12, 2012 / 10:28 am

Wow! You really are taking your house apart.Love your larder and magic corner draws.It’s all looking great Heather 😀

Heather
      Author
      March 14, 2012 / 9:11 pm

It’s funny, our last house was such a major project that this doesn’t seem half as dramatic to me. It’s a bit different trying to do it with toddlers around though!