The secret fairy woods

20130509-192218.jpg

This afternoon we went in search of fairies. We had a tip off that a fairy kingdom had recently appeared in a local wood, and so we set off to visit the fairy folk that had taken up residence. Eyes peeled, we followed winding paths through the bluebells, looking high and low for our fairy friends.

20130509-193645.jpg

20130509-193712.jpg

20130509-193753.jpg

20130509-193811.jpg

20130509-193837.jpg

20130509-193915.jpg

The person responsible for this wonderful spectacle remains a closely-guarded local secret, but whoever you are, thank you for a truly magical experience.

Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

Share:

13 Comments

• Heather
      May 12, 2013 / 6:20 am

I’ve wanted to go back ever since!

1. Hayley
    May 10, 2013 / 10:33 am

Aww how fab πŸ™‚

• Heather
      May 12, 2013 / 6:19 am

It was so gorgeous

2. May 11, 2013 / 1:35 pm

What an amazing idea! The M’s would love something like that πŸ™‚

• Heather
      May 12, 2013 / 6:19 am

Isn’t it brilliant? Such a fantastic surprise.

3. May 12, 2013 / 12:01 am

I love this time of year for the spring flowers and especially the bluebells. Our hedgerows are full of them and the woods just over from out deer field looks just like your woods here. A clearing and a rope swing is a draw for my kids here too, though the magic door and castle is one step further on. What a wonderful discovery amd one I bet the children will remember for some time to come. Thank you for sharing on Country Kids.

• Heather
      May 12, 2013 / 6:18 am

There is something so magical about a wood full of bluebells, even without the fairy doors! It was great to join in with Country Kids and we’ll definitely be back again soon.

4. I heart motherhood
    May 12, 2013 / 6:23 am

That’s so cute, keep wanting to make a fairy door! Mine loved the bluebell woods last weekend πŸ™‚

5. May 12, 2013 / 7:22 am

Your post and it’s beautiful pictures made me all warm and fuzzy inside. I remember my daddy taking me to the bluebell woods in search of fairies when I was a little girl. I can just imagine how thrilled I would have been to find doors in the trees and a castle πŸ˜€

• Heather
      May 13, 2013 / 6:32 am

I’ve got strong memories of visiting bluebell woods, too. I never found a fairy door either though!

6. Amanda
    May 21, 2013 / 10:39 pm

Unfortunately these magical woods aren’t so secret anymore and the fairies will soon be gone πŸ™

• Heather
      May 22, 2013 / 8:32 am

That’s really sad. Although I have to say that on the day we first visited, we were the only people there and it was so lovely. The kids have been desperate to go back so we visited again on Sunday and the woods were totally over-run with people. I did wonder then what the impact would be of so many people finding out about it.