My Just So Festival mate Victoria is amazing at pulling costume ideas out of the hat. Here she’s got a brilliant no-sew fox costume, so you can swap your needle and thread for a hot glue gun and you’re good to shimmy on down to the Tribal Tournament. I’ll pass over to Victoria to share her easy tutorial…
- Start by making the tail. Cut one leg off the pair of tights – start long as it can be trimmed to size afterwards. Stuff it with the stuffing or fabric scraps using your hands to mold a tail shape – keeping the tow end thinner and working up and out. One stuffed tie a knot at the top of the tights and trim away any excess nylon.
- Next cut a strip of white fun fur in a triangle shape and wrap it around the bottom point bit of the tail. And NO SNIGGERING IN THE BACK!! Glue the seam to keep it in place.
- Wrap a rectangle length of orange fur around the length of the tail overlapping slightly the white so the orange fur brushes over the top. Glue to seal.
- Cut out two ear shapes from the card and use these to cut out four pieces of orange fun fur that are slightly bigger than the card shape. Glue around the edges so the card is hidden inside.
- Cut a smaller piece of ear shape in the white fun fur and glue on top of the orange to create the inside of foxes ears.
- Glue onto the headband.
- Secure the tail to the waistband of your clothes using a couple of safety pins and have any tops cover any less that perfect finishes!
Stop by tomorrow for Frog face paint and costume inspiration!